Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Dunn now a snake

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Dunn now a snake

    PHOENIX (AP)"?The Arizona Diamondbacks acquired slugging outfielder Adam Dunn from the Cincinnati Reds for a minor-league pitcher and two players to be named later on Monday.

    The 28-year-old Dunn was batting .233 this season for the Reds with 32 homers, tied for tops in the majors.

    The trade gives the first-place Diamondbacks, who entered the day with a 1 1/2 -game lead over the Dodgers in the NL West, a boost to an anemic offense. The Diamondbacks rank 20th in the majors in runs scored.

    Arizona (60-58) tried to acquire Mark Teixeira from the Atlanta Braves at last month's trade deadline before he went to the Los Angeles Angels.

    The Diamondbacks sent right-hander Dallas Buck to the Reds in Monday's trade.

    Dunn has a career .247 batting average with 270 career homers and is eligible for free agency at the end of the season.

    The Reds are last in the NL Central and on a six-game losing streak.

    The Dunn trade comes after a July 31 deal that sent outfielder Ken Griffey Jr. to the Chicago White Sox for relief pitcher Nick Masset and a Triple-A player. On Sunday, the Reds designated veteran catcher David Ross for assignment and called up catcher Ryan Hanigan from Triple-A Louisville.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member ms pemberley's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 22nd, 2007
    Posts
    344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Dunn now a snake

    I didn't think he would be in Cincinnati until the end of the season. I'm actually surprised the Reds didn't trade him earlier. There had been so much talk about Dunn leaving earlier, I figured it was just a matter of time. Good for Dunn to be in a pennant race.
    Looking for my Darcy, but finding only Wickham. Right now, I'd settle for Bingley.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member BlueWahooChambordDevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2007
    Posts
    7,204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Dunn now a snake

    good deal for the diamond rats
    [img]http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/5577/2061259960091622927S425x425Q85.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6s6CdLQRCP0/SREpSZXb99I/AAAAAAAAATU/3O3G-P2Jqkc/s400/tombstone.jpg[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member ChrisSabo's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 2nd, 2004
    Posts
    762
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Dunn now a snake

    I'm done with the Reds.

    The franchise is becoming a bigger joke than the Bengals were in the 90s!

  5. #5
    Inactive Member neutral88's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 15th, 2007
    Posts
    2,568
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Dunn now a snake

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7teen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm done with the Reds.

    The franchise is becoming a bigger joke than the Bengals were in the 90s! </div></div>

    I've always been a reds fan, along with the BoSox, but it has been such a struggle to even defend some of the Reds ideas, I've just about gave it up completely...
    Need A Penny? Take A Penny...Need 2 Pennies? Get A Job!!!
    [img]http://content.clearchannel.com/Photos/sports_photos/College/Football/james-davis-GI.jpg[/img]





  6. #6
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Dunn now a snake

    Now thats a statement.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •